Articles in this category are for people searching for a healthcare professional to match their specific needs. The goal is to provide these individuals with tips for their search and suggestions for developing an effective working partnership with the professionals they select.
Articles in this category are arranged in two distinct Sub-Categories.
#1 - How to Find the Right Healthcare Professional for You
#2 - How to have a Successful Doctor/Patient Relationship
Articles are solicited that offer practical suggestions an individual can apply for each of the following needs.
#1 - How to Find the Right Healthcare Professional for You sub-category articles are to focus on helpful selection skills, such as...
- How a patient can determine if a physician or practitioner is well qualified in the selected healthcare modality
- Tips for the patient to gain clarity about what is most needed by him/her from the healthcare professional being sought
#2 - How to have a Successful Doctor/Patient Relationship sub-category articles are to focus on building patient understanding and confidence to be an effective, active participant in his/her healthcare decisions, such as...
- What key elements make the doctor/patient relationship a partnership, rather than a dictatorship
- Reminders to keep a holistic perspective when reviewing healing options
- Tips for developing a health care "team"
Authors must have the education, training, and/or experience to be viewed as a credible expert on the material presented.